Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I new to the bike seen and I just got a 1996 kawasaki Vulcan 750 a couple days ago and keep in mind I'm no bike mechanic but was kinda hard to pass up the deal to finally get a bike. Here's the problem I heard it running over the phone but didn't know that he was using a coke bottle full of gas and spraying it in the card. Told me all I really needed to do was change spark plugs and oil because he already replaced the battery. Long story short I did everything he said and it won't start so I need help. Grandpa said said to replace fuel lines and vacuum lines and to clean up the carbs. Any other tips

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK I new to the bike seen and I just got a 1996 kawasaki Vulcan 750 a couple days ago and keep in mind I'm no bike mechanic but was kinda hard to pass up the deal to finally get a bike. Here's the problem I heard it running over the phone but didn't know that he was using a coke bottle full of gas and spraying it in the card. Told me all I really needed to do was change spark plugs and oil because he already replaced the battery. Long story short I did everything he said and it won't start so I need help. Grandpa said said to replace fuel lines and vacuum lines and to clean up the carbs. Any other tips
Hows it going Anthony¿¿¿ That sicks to hear about not being able to start it. ACan you start it with full choke¿¿¿ Does it try to start¿¿¿ Lets see we cant at least get your bike going. Btw Im no expert just trying to help

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hows it going Anthony¿¿¿ That sicks to hear about not being able to start it. ACan you start it with full choke¿¿¿ Does it try to start¿¿¿ Lets see we cant at least get your bike going. Btw Im no expert just trying to help
sounds like a handful of bastards selling a bike. Chances are the carbs are clogged. Posts like yours (about the running, or not running) are all over the place and it usually ends up being clogged jets in the carbs. If you have to pull the carbs, you might consider the Ear Shave mod while you're at it. There are posts about that all over too. With a little bit of work, you can have that bike running smooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts