Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy forum folks!.

This would be my very first time at this forum, orignaly on BARF and racing ones so woohoo glad to hear this exists! oh and I was on the Kawasaki forum for older bikes like the k400 and kz###. So here is the deal, some time last year around October I start thinking 'Ya know a motorcycle sure would be fun' in November I bought this beauty well 'beauty'. The dude painted the engine black (striped that) seat was torn up (got an amazingly nearly new seat off parts bike not shown in pic need new pic)

My KZ440 from 1981. It is/was a delightful bike, comfortable as could be, fit me wonderfuly but the kid that had it before me knew very little about bikes, like the petcock. He would just leave it in PRI all night and let the cylinders fill up with gas then when he started it all the gas squirted out the gaskets so he thought it was toast, i picked it up cheap and made it road worthy. That bike helped me learn alot, like what gas dripping into your boots feels like, but seriously it learned me how to ride! =D

Anyway on Saturday me and my partner were out pet food shoping and ended up going by some bike dealers just to see and get an idea for new bikes when we pass the MSF. Anyway at Santa Clara GP Met some great guys on the floor, chatted up alot and droped by the service wing, anyway it was gonna cost like close to a thousand for parts, labor, tires etc etc to get my bike truely road safe and reliable. Well I just didn't have that to drop, and couldn't see spending that on a $400 learner bike (200 origonal 200 parts bike). So back in the show room I had previously sat on the 750 and my god it was comfortable, best seat of all the bikes there, great feel with the bars, it just poped right up and settled under me the second time I sat on it. So while my partner was going thorugh financing questions on his Vulcan 800 that had a great sale going on it, I filled out my form, got the kawi card and now I'm crusing on...

Sorry for bad pic but phone pic. Anyway i LOVE! this bike, it's powerful, it handles great, it feels wonderful, sounds awesome. and i was Shocked! to find how much hp this thing had, the sales guy didn't say anything about it's power just that it's a real good bike, and boy he was right. Anywho this got long as heck so I better wind this post up. Looks like a great forum and look forward to hanging with ya'll. =D

-Wuff Wuff!!!

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
congrats....where ya live?

·
Registered
17 Posts
congradulations!
i am guessing thats the CA model, but my son says its my bike when he saw the pic..
I just got my first service..

Ohh the manual says you can leave the gas on pri unless its going on extended rest... forgive my statement but I am a new rider all together is that the right thing to do?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jtabaco said:
congradulations!
i am guessing thats the CA model, but my son says its my bike when he saw the pic..
I just got my first service..

Ohh the manual says you can leave the gas on pri unless its going on extended rest... forgive my statement but I am a new rider all together is that the right thing to do?
You are correct! A CA model indeed, I'm in Sunnyvale CA to anser ^. As for the bit with the Pri, from what I know you can leave it on while driving no problem, this kid left it on all the time so it kept a contsant fluid pressure against the floats and the carbs were NASTY! it took two cans of B-12 chem tool to get them useable so there was not good float contact or such. Speaking of my bike and vacume petcocks, anybody know if I can leave it in ON all the time or if I have to switch it to off when not riding? Cus the 440 had the nice vacume one leave it in on all the time, so never del twith gas on gas off, so far i've driven off twice with out turning fuel on, once I rememberd before the bike died. I know i know beat me with my exhaust!

Oh yeah what gave it away to you that it was a CA model? The sunshine? ;)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
The VN750 also has a vacume activated petcock as well so you can leave it on all the time. If yours is a later model, it will not have a pri.

After you and your friend have the bikes broken in, you can race for pinks if you want an 800 :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loran in Npvl IL said:
The VN750 also has a vacume activated petcock as well so you can leave it on all the time. If yours is a later model, it will not have a pri.

After you and your friend have the bikes broken in, you can race for pinks if you want an 800 :)

LOL nah i aint racing for pinks, after all what would I do with two bikes? ;>. So that's great to know! I figured it was old school since it was Off/On/Res. And 2006 would be a later model. =D THANKS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts