Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I picked up my "89" VN750 in October "03" It was just going to be a winter project all it needed was a carb rebuild NOT .:doh: I came to find out that it needed alot more so it sat do to lack of time well now i am going to give it anouther try.:beerchug:

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Well, the reason that I ask is cause, most of this bike make a heck of a racket. And ussually it is the acct's at fault. It is an easy repair.

BTW, welcome to the group.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been working on bikes as a hobby since I was a kid. I got this one knowing that it had problums. I just keep puting off but now the wife tryed to give it away for free

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I can work on them, but only around the engine. The engine seems too complecated for easy work.
I bought a maxim for 500$. Cleaned the carb replaced starter and the contril panel. Still having a bit of a problem with one carb. The bike is in very good condition. Runs like crazy.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable, helpful folks here, so feel free to ask any questions you may have. One of the things that many of us find is that the driveshaft splines were never lubed from the factory. Look up forum member fergy's signature; the procedure is there, complete with pictures. Failure to do this will leave you stranded at some point!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Well well well.... It's about time some one from my neck of the woods joins in!!!

While I have not had to do any engine work on mine I can show up for moral support!
And the helping hand when needed of course. ;)

Oh Ya... Welcome to the group!!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan forum from sunny southern Alberta. I`m looking forward to your pics and videos of the rebuild process. Check out the TEN THINGS link below. Even a long time wrench like yourself may find a helpful idea or two.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts