Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am glad to be here, maybe you guys can answer a burning question that I have. I'm posting pics of my 1985 VN700A LTD in the gallery. The VIN has an F in the year, which would indicate that it is an 1985, but the Denis Kirk website has the part number as a 1984 KZ700A LTD. I'm confused, was Kawasaki still making vertical 4's in any part of 1985. My VIN would seem to indicate this.

Anyway, it's an almost mint bike with 9,250 miles on the clock, and I sure love to ride it. Thanks again! Here's the link to the photos in the gallery.
http://www.vn750.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=979

·
Registered
553 Posts
That is a nice looking bike, but it is a a LTD not a Vulcan. I know the LTD's were made in 84 but not sure about 85, they were the last of the inlines with the 80's cruiser look to them. Not a lot of difference in them(LTD vs Vulcan), you could probably put the V-twin in there and the only thing you would be missing would be the radiator as I think your bike is shaft drive also.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
That's it! I knew that the 750 was a 4 cylinder! Or, uh, 700. Don't get rid of that bike! I bet it's got more horses and runs smoother. I wanted a 4, but seems like the only 80's style out there with shaft drive, water cooling, and mag wheels is the Vulcan, and it's a beat-you-to-death 2 cylinder.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine a great runner and smooth too, but I wish I had the four cylinder sound. I was looking at a Honda CB750, and at the time I thought the sound was too car like, but sometimes the vulcan sound gets to me at a red light. Plus I'd heard that the 4 carbs were a headache to mess with and all that stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me follow this original post up with a little info that I was let in on by my local Kawasaki dealership owner. He's been at this long enough to have sold these when they were new, and he says this: This is a Vulcan offshoot the part number was ZN700A Vulcan LTD, not the VN700A Vulcan. He also said the the ZN700A LTD only exsisted for two years '84 and 85'. It was a vertical four engine mounted in the same body, he thinks even the same trans too, as the VN700A V twin.

Sorry to have caused the confusion, I'm glad I found the answer though. So, I hope that since it's still a Vulcan that my bike is welcome here at the forum.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Personaly.... your a Kaw owner and we stick together! ;) I have a 440 LTD 1980 had been looking at the ZN1100 LTD ( shaft drive ) but could not find the right deal... also was looking at the ZN700 LTD .... again could not find the right deal. since then found right deal on a KZ900 1976 ( $500.00 ) ;) anyway.... your bike is still a ZN.... based on the Z1, KZ inline fours. The "Vulcan" name came into play when they went to the V-Twin motor.

Even still.....DO NOT SELL THAT BIKE.... THEY ARE HARD TO FIND!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
All I can say is it's an awesome looking bike. My first bike was a 550 ltd and although it wern't as pretty, it looked an awful lot like that one. Welcome to a great forum.

I'm sure you know about the kzrider.com forum by now, but if not, it's loaded with KZ experts and enthusiasts. I'm also a member there as I still have a KZ1000P.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts