Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi, I'm new to the forum and to cruiser motorcycles, I rode sportbikes for 27 years and decided it was time for a cruiser so I bought an 86 Vulcan 750, it's cool but I don't know much about her.:baby:

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
welcome and start reading the vulcan verses lots of "need to know " stuff in there anything else just search or ask, it is all on this fourm or in the members heads lol

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Welcome rkama354! I also recently acquired my 86 VN750 myself and this forum has been instrumental in getting her ride-ready.

I would browse through the Vulcan Verses here. There are a few key things you would want to do to your bike, starting with lubing the drive-shaft splines. The verses has a specific how-to in regards to that. AGM MF batteries coupled with NGK Iridium plugs seem to be top choice around here to keep her starting well.

If you don't see the information you need; make a post! Most the time there is somebody here that has dealt with, or knows how to deal with, the issue you're having.

Once again, welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to get information.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Welcome Rkama354 to the "Vulcan Madness" ! Lots of good info and helpfull people here! Enjoy !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you on the forum.

Hippie

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Welcome. As has been said, the drive splines are critical, I would not ride the bike until you check/lube those. The VN750's other main weak point seems to be the cam chain tensioners, which I believe to be a design problem. It can be solved by replacing the automatic tensioners with manual ones. Other than those two things, the Vulcan 750 is pretty much like any other bike, only the engine is a lot more mechanically complicated, with way more parts than most cruiser engines. Many repairs easily done on other bikes require the engine to be removed on the Vulcan.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Welcome and best of luck with your bike!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
And from East Michigan. Where are you located? There are members all over the place so chances are there is someone relatively close by.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts