1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
yup. we've been down RT93 a few times. it's our fav ride down to the Hills. we pick up RT93 at Dundee, OH. and ride down to Zanesville, OH.. but we have yet to take RT93 from Zanesville to Logan, OH.. we always seem to take a different route from Zanesville for one reason or another. we have also been on RT93, south of Logan, OH., (RT33), but only as far as McArthur, OH..

RT93, is one of Ohio's "top ten" best motorcycle roads. I say if you ride in Ohio, then RT93 is a must ride road. it has it all!

nice find Denny! :smiley_th thanks for sharing.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
the article also says "As we entered Zanesville, the birthplace of novelist Zane Grey, we made a small diversion from 93 so that we could park the bikes on the Y-Bridge, so named because it actually forms a Y as it branches in the middle and crosses the confluence of the Muskingum and Licking rivers. The locals love to tell you that it is the only bridge in the country you can cross over and remain on the same side of the river." that's just zany! lol

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
been to the hiils once I loved it !!!!!! .. found out ill stick on my bike in the twisties im too out of shape to hike around the caves down there

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
been to the hiils once I loved it !!!!!! .. found out ill stick on my bike in the twisties im too out of shape to hike around the caves down there
well, just like my t-shirt from "At Boulders Edge" says 'why hike it? when you can bike it!' lol :smiley_th

hey we are trying to plan a trip to go back down to the "Hills" in June, would you like to get in on that?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Since you brought it up, was up? Has everyone lost interest this year!?
Seems like patty's not getting responses.
I must have missed a memo somewhere along the line,do I wanna come?Duh,yeah if I don't have conflict in scheduling. Which weekend in June ?

My brain just did the math, you all were talking about the Poker Run being rescheduled earlier. I remember that now . Is that what we are talking about? You gotta forgive me, I'm an old guy. lol.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
The spring poker run is as is. The fall, not sure. We were just changing the weekend we all get together & ride, hang out & $#!+.
I do t remember off the top of my head but I think it was like the 14 or the next weekend.
Some one will remind me. Lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
ok you two. I really didn't mean to hi-jack this thread. :doh: lol

as for you Denny, nope, you didn't miss the meno, you just never got it. lol not that you wouldn't have, because you would have. it's just that we are a bit disorganized this year. :(:confused::doh:

Kanuck is right about the spring poker run, we can't make it this year in May. but I think we will try for the Fall poker run. the weekend we are looking at is June 19th - 22nd. we are thinking of adding a day to the trip. this may or may not happen. it's what we are shooting for, but we will see. as for people losing interest? maybe some are, don't know. others it's scheduling thing (can't get off work/got other things going on that weekend). or people are just not getting back to us if they still want to go or not. :doh: we are still trying to get a head count and we are still looking at cabins/lodges. the problem (one of them at least) is, places are already booked or are booking up fast. there's a lot of back and forth or as I like to call it "tail chasing", going on about this trip.

so if any one is interested, let me know soon. we really need to move forward on this or it will most likely not happen. :(

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
see, I just checked on the lodge that we were thinking about for this year, and now it's booked for that weekend. this is the kind of things I'm talking about. :doh: we keep running around in circles and nothing gets done. so, I'm not even sure this trip will even get off the ground. :(

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the weekend of the 19th is probably good with me,if no lodge or cabin ,I'll just get a room at the Budget Inn, it's close by and handy for the ride out towards Old mans cave and around Lake Logan and some of the other Co. roads. I stayed there last time I was up. Plus it is close by Millstone BBQ and that's always a plus.:smiley_th

Not really a hijack, we are in the same state and near 93 and talking about riding,it's all good.As for now count me in !!! probably Ted too.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
well the way things are going (or not going), it just might end up being at the Budget inn! lol we have stayed there before too.
it would be nice to see Ted with his little red sled again. lol

that is one thing the guys in that article screwed up on. they didn't go to the Millstone BBQ to eat while in the Hills. the Millstone BBQ is the best place to eat in the Hills bar none!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,733 Posts
we are still waiting to hear back from thing "2" (Patty square). maybe we can talk centurynick into coming down with us?......or maybe Firetire2?

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
i have a deals gap trip planned that weekend but I ll see what I can work up !!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts