Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
I wouldn't change float height unless it checked low. If the float is too high it will flood.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Yes checked diaphrahms under a very bright light. Both make the woosh sound when lifting them up and also when coming down. Both drop evenly and slowley. My last and final option and i mean final option is to reposition the floats to allow more fuel in the bowl. Looking at the plugs yesterday, rear seems to be lean and front a tad rich. Although it was only idleing so not sure how viable the results are on the plugs. But its my last thing to try. I can conform it has compression, withing 15 psi of each other, it has spark both idleing and when throttle is twisted. It is getting fuel, weather its enough or not im not sure, there are no leaks of any kind and timing is spot on. I will try the floats again even though they were set right on the marks but i will try it anyway.
Check to make sure they are in spec. I would not change them if they are.

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spockster

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
I read through and noticed you said you earshaved. What exhaust do you have?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Yep the diaphragms are seated. The needles are correct because i checked that this morning. Could a leaky exhaust have something to do with it maybe?
How "leaky" is leaky? And is it stock? I

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
How "leaky" is leaky? And is it stock? I

Thanks for the input. I had it ear shaved and totaly stock also. Both with the same results. I originaly had the earshave with stock exhaust but same situation. So i changed things up to see would it make a difference, which it did not. Goats belly on or off, ears on or off, nothing seems to be working. As for the floats. I set them according to the manual. New gaskets and float needles also. I really think i am out of options at this point. I went trough the wires again last nite and found where the previous owner joined the kickstand switch wires together. This cracked where it was joined so i put it back together properly again with good connections. I have not started it yet since then. Im not sure if that would cause the engine from reving or not but needed fixing anyhow so worth a try.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Can you recap what it's doing now?

Gets to a certain rpm and bogs? In neutral or while riding?

Slides still bouncing?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
It bogs just before it hits 3k revs in neutral and while riding. Its like it hits a rev limiter or something. Since i changed the carburetor bodies the slides are more so only vibrating a little bit, but i think thats just from the enging running.
If i give it full throttle it will bog and spit out of the carbs. It will not die no matter how long i hold the throttle open. It will however die if i give it choke. There has to be something i missed along the way. But for the life of me i cant figure it out

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
It's somewhat confusing, the bog and spit back out of the carbs suggests it's lean. But dying when you pull the choke suggests it has enough fuel.

·
Member? ... check.
547 Posts
Yes the bike idles perfect. Fuel flow seems to be good. Both pipes get hot pretty evenly.
If plenty of gas then is it getting enough air ?
When you twist the throttle, do the slides move at all besides the vibrating ?
What happens if you slightly lift a slide with the throttle rolled open ? (gotta be careful of backfire here)

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
If plenty of gas then is it getting enough air ?
When you twist the throttle, do the slides move at all besides the vibrating ?
What happens if you slightly lift a slide with the throttle rolled open ? (gotta be careful of backfire here)
He posted that it idled slightly better when he lifted a slide.

Wonder which cylinder that was? Or both?

·
Member? ... check.
547 Posts
I'm with you, Spockster, but I don't think he had the throttle rolled open when he did it. It's baffling, so I wonder about the butterflies and the ignitor.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I'm with you, Spockster, but I don't think he had the throttle rolled open when he did it. It's baffling, so I wonder about the butterflies and the ignitor.
I had the throttle open full and i lifted the 2 slides. Had help from the missus to hold the throttle. As for do they lift on there own with the throttle open, yes but only to the point that it bogs down.
By the way spockster how are u doing since the op?

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Seems like the slides are losing vacuum or it's losing fuel flow.

But when you lift the slides with the throttle open, it revs? That would take me back to the diaphragms. :(

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
I wonder what it would do with the slide needles shimmed up?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I wonder what it would do with the slide needles shimmed up?
It dont rev when i lift the slides, it almost levels out a bit and idles better as in revs slightly down and evens out. Not sure about shims but i could give it a try and see

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
It dont rev when i lift the slides, it almost levels out a bit and idles better as in revs slightly down and evens out. Not sure about shims but i could give it a try and see
Well... Now I'm doubting shims will help.

·
Member? ... check.
547 Posts
The ignitor module is the only thing that hasn't been examined or changed, right ?
... and it provides spark advance electronically.

Reactions: Will750

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
There's a test for the ignitor in the manual.

This is looking like one I have to see in person.

161 - 180 of 193 Posts