Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Not sure if I asked this yet.... Your fuel lines are running downward, not upward at any point?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
The ignitor module is the only thing that hasn't been examined or changed, right ?
... and it provides spark advance electronically.
There's a test for the ignitor in the manual.

This is looking like one I have to see in person.
Yes the ignitor is the only thing not tested. I will test it according to the manual. It might give some idea of what could be wrong. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Ok so i just done a basic test with a standard multimeter on the igniter. It is way out of spec by me but im not sure how viable the test is, as it states in the manual that anything other than a kawasaki tester may give different readings. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I tried testing my igniter with a multimeter a while back just to see, and only half the values were even close.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I tried testing my igniter with a multimeter a while back just to see, and only half the values were even close.
Kinda stupid that they give a test to do and then say it might be wrong unless a proper kawasaki one is used. A bit retarded if u ask me, i mean whats the point.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Reminds me of the Kawi shop telling someone they had a $30000 scanner they needed to run on his quad. To fix a fuel pump that was full of mud.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Reminds me of the Kawi shop telling someone they had a $30000 scanner they needed to run on his quad. To fix a fuel pump that was full of mud.
Yeh its stupid aint it. I might have a look on flea bay for a known working one. I can always resell if my own is working anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Ok sorry for the long wait between posts. I no some ppl are hoping for an answer to this, as am i. I have been crazy busy lately so i havnt got to spend as much time as i would like at the bike. I currently have the igniter off and i am still looking for a known working one. I have came across many but when i contacted the sellers the always seem to say ( well it starts so its working ). Not good enough of an answer for me. By the way most are bike breakers so driving the bike to see what works is not really there thing. Bare with me folks i will solve this.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
SUCCESS... I REPEAT SUCCESS.
So hear is the story.... I posted the bike for sale on fb market place because i had enough of trying to solve the issue with the no rev. I had serious amounts of interest in it and one guy showed up at my house today to have a look at her.
So last night was a race to get everything put back on the bike and ready for today. So the guy rings me saying he is outside my house, im just firing it up at this stage and low and behold a twist of the throttle and she revs like a ho on a donkey cock.
Typical **** i might add. I have a guy ready to view my bike because im selling it only for the no rev situation. So im like **** wat to do now. Anyways i gave him a look at her at thank god he was only buying it as a project but he had heard it reving and declined on buying it. I didnt want to sell it after it reved anyway lol. So what was the problem u might ask. Well the only thing i did was had the igniter off the bike in my house for about 3 weeks, added a new fuel line and fixed the spring in the petcock. Now as for the exact diagnosis, i aint got a clue but it was definatly one of the 3 things mentioned. I myself think it was fuel related. Not sure how, unless the igniter was damp inside and a few weeks inside dryed it out. Never the less shes revving and i couldnt be more happier.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts
Maybe the threat of selling her scared her straight... Glad it's running

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Maybe a problem with a wire or connector at the ignitor and moving the connections got it making better contact? Could've been some voltage but not quite enough for higher rpm.

There has been cases with a broken wire on the ignitor harness.

Would be unusual for a fuel problem to correct itself.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Maybe a problem with a wire or connector at the ignitor and moving the connections got it making better contact? Could've been some voltage but not quite enough for higher rpm.

There has been cases with a broken wire on the ignitor harness.

Would be unusual for a fuel problem to correct itself.
Its a funny one alright i give it that. But my god did she roar. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. Im deffo going to dig deeper to find the root cause of the problem. Just incase it happens again and if anyone on here has the same situation and stumbles upon this tread.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts