Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching my crappy Manuel I found that there is a sealed bearing and another seal on the inside of the case. The antifreeze had around a quart or less of oil in it.I would assume I would have to split the cases and change the inner seal also.The impeller shaft had no axis play,but a little bit of silicone or rubber material came off the seal of the bearing.Anybody that had this problem let me no if you got by with just changing the outer seals or you had to also split the cases and change the inner seal.I would think you would have to do both,My Manuel does not say and I have never worked on this type of motor so I have a lack of knowledge. Thanks for any and all input.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
The outer (press in) seal is usually the culprit. The right hand cover comes off and allows access.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am still sorting out a coolant leak into the crankcase, even after replacing the impeller shaft mechanical seal but not the bearing. I do not recall seeing a seal on the inside of the case. Just the sealed bearing. I had one in hand but was rushed for time and it wasn't leaking before, spun freely and I didn't take the time. Now it has been almost another month and I hope I only have to replace the seal. It is possible I did not lubricate the seal properly so it did not do its job of keeping the coolant from the when I installed it but now I am going to try one more time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts