Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to reinstall stator trying to find out what torque specs on stator and should blue loctite or red loctite applied to these three bolts.
Also is there a torque value and sequence for the cover that stator bolts too and then bolts to engine
also is there silicone recommended around where the wires exit the cover for the picups and stator
any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
445 Posts
Check page 15-4 of the service manual. That will give you your torque values.
And it doesn't really say, but good general habit of tightening bolts is to do a cross pattern, tighten to less that specified torque, then around again to your values.... and then one more time just to make sure. Works for the helicopters I flew, so should work for your bike. :)

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
also is there silicone recommended around where the wires exit the cover for the picups and stator
any help will be appreciated
Yamabond (Yamaha brand material) has been recommended by several members.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Yamabond (Yamaha brand material) has been recommended by several members.
What color is Yamabond? Hondabond is orange, which is fugly.

I personally use the Ultra Grey RTV Gasket Maker. It's temp rating caps out at 650F, not 750F like the copper-based products. I just don't see the stator cover nearing those temperatures, though. Your mileage may vary. I just don't like the idea of orange gaskets (my 86 came with orange gasket maker on the stator cover, which drives me nuts)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts