Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't know much about bikes at all, had the bike at the shop and they were unsure of the noise. It's coming from the front, clanging/tapping that will come and go. From reading online I'm guessing it has to do with the ACCT, I understand the concept of such but am unaware of where it's located to be able to do the so called "trick" to see if it has gotten stuck or what. Does anyone have a pic or something of it's location so I know what I'm looking at? Thanks!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Here's a pic of the left side of the engine. You can see the acct in the center of the "V" at the bottom of the front cylinder.

In this pic it is located just to the left of the number tag. On your bike it will be hidden by the coolant resivoir.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Now to go outside and try this "gambo" trick and see if it helps out at all :)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
TOC 's MCCT comes with instructions. They work great !

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TOC 's MCCT comes with instructions. They work great !
Something I'm thinking of doing! I messed with the screw and it's running fine now, but from what I've read the ACCT is a horrible design and seems to be a common problem!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
dirttrack650 made the simplest modification by drilling a hole in the ACCT, and tapping it for a set screw.
See post 29 for a picture with a small bolt installed:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917&page=3
If the bolt were replaced with an Allen head setscrew, it would be virtually unnoticeable to anyone looking.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
theres a link in my sig to build your own for less than 6 bucks that you can revert back to acct at any time if wanted, I've got I'm roughly guessing quite a few thousand miles out of mine now with no leaks or problems. and my 14 year old could follow the instructions, it will take you about a half hour tops!

·
Registered
77 Posts
UM love your ChotorNycle. I noticed bugs don't dare hit his face! :) -jim

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
also when putting the cap screw back on, only snug it, the threads are very soft. you can take the cap screw off when the engine is running on the front and look down in it. if you see the slotted screw jumpnig aroung when you hear the ticking, it is the culprit!
hope that helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts