Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this dose not belong here but can any one tell me where the air adjustment screw is on an 04 1500 classic, do you have to remove the carb or can you adjust it with it on,looked all over with carb on and can't seem to find it
any help please.................................................

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
These screws all tend to look alike, so you'll be looking for probably a small brass screw, flat screwdriver head. There should be one for each carb. The bikes will come from the factory with a lead plug over the air adjustment screw - just so you can't go messing around with the factory emission specs. So if you can't see the screw itself, the plug may still be in there. Look for a small plug (probably about 6mm wide, small hole in the middle) - light drill, easy, easy, easy so you don't hit the screw - and then you should be able to pop it right out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well here is what happen,the first owner put v/h pipes on and though he had to adjust the carb that is what he did,now my brother bought the bike and it has a little hesitation only on part throttle other then that it's good ,he turned it in all the way and backed it out two and a half turns when he put the v/h on , I was thinking if he left the carb alone it would have been fine.
When I put the v/h on my 750 I did no adjustments and it ran perfect,should we put it back the way it was or what?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Some folks are running V&H and may have a better idea of the proper adjustment (I played around with stuff but eventually returned to OEM). On the 750, the stock turn out of the air/fuel mix screw is 1 and 3/8ths turns. So find out what stock turn-out is on the 1500 and start with that - your bro may have taken it out too much, creating a richer mixture that is warranted. ANything else change with the isntallation of the V&H, otehr than that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts