Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is what I get for buying a gas tank on Ebay. I bought what I THOUGHT was a tank for the VN series, but found out after taking it out of the box that it wasn't. (The original ad did not have any pictures of the bottom of the tank or I would have realized I was purchasing the wrong one.)

Can anyone tell me with some degree of certainty what bike this is for? It looks extremely similar to the VN750 tank, but it is slightly smaller (I'd say 7/8th sized compared to the VN). Also note on the picture that shows the bottom of the tank that it connects to the frame differently the a VN750 in the front and it has no spot for a fuel sending unit. So, whatever bike this is for has no gas gauge.

Any help is appreciated. If I find out what it is, I'll try and sell it to get my money back that I (unfortunately) wasted on it.

Here's a few pictures I took:

Thanks again everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gnon2705 said:
I had a honda Shadow once. The fuel tanks look somewhat similar. Could this be one of them?

Ride safe
Wayne :)
I'm thinking it is some form of Kaw Vulcan (because of the badging), it seems to be a factory paint job and badging. But, I've looked at pretty much every bike that was a Vulcan and cannot figure out what this tank is for.

The petcock bolt holes are the same as the tank for my VN700, so it leads me to believe it's for a Kawasaki of shape or form.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts