Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up 24 hrs. Nowhere to sleep. Couldn't make it to hotel so they didn't refund reservations. Broke. Argued over 4 hrs with various AAA reps. They tried to jump but their booster was dead. Blamed the bike ( barely turned over the bike.. I know how she's supposed to sound). No phone since I burnt all of prepaid trying to get a jump.

I'm in S Ontario near St. Catherine's. At a TH near intersection of QEW and Victoria Ave. At least I have crappy Maybe battery bad, seemed to run fine until shut off. Tail fuse burnt twice too..

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Sorry I can't help personally but did you check the membership map. This is one of the critical reasons we were told it was so important to establish. lol Actually it may help you in this particular situation. Give it a try as it couldn't hurt.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
The member map is apparently no longer useful.

Sorry about your plight.

I will bump.

edit-where midwest is home?

edit2-http://map.vulcan750.net/.......useless.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Sucks being stranded....feel bad for you....I would wire you some $$$ if I had it to send....sorry.

WilliamTech

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
The member map is apparently no longer useful.

Sorry about your plight.

I will bump.

edit-where midwest is home?

edit2-http://map.vulcan750.net/.......useless.
I did get the map to work (just gotta play with it) there are very few near your location.

hth
:smiley_th

EDIT: Slim never relocated himself on the map ;)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,753 Posts
damn dude! talk about being in stuck between a rock and a hard place. BLAST! I know this doesn't really help you, but I did try.......first off, if I could I'd be in the car and half way to you right now! where you are at is about a 3 1/2 drive from me. the drive is not the problem, me not having a Passport is! blast! if this was the good old days, I'd be there by now!
but I did try, I know of 1 member who is, right now, in Canada. I got a hold of him and sent him the post you posted. the problem is, he's 4hrs., away from you too! blast! I tried buddy. I'm not sure what else I can do from here. I'm open to suggestion. I feel real bad and would like to help. if you can or if you think of anyway I maybe able to help, please post it here if you can.
blast, this sucks :(

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I PM'd Hex a few hours ago to see if I could send him a little cash but he apparently hasn't checked in.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,753 Posts
I PM'd Hex a few hours ago to see if I could send him little cash but he apparently hasn't checked in.
it seems the last time he was on was around 5:50am this morning.
damn. I really hope he's ok. it really sucks that we really don't have a way to communicate with him. we don't even know if has internet access. :confused: he did say he burned up all his minutes on his prepay phone. so, cell # to call or text him is not going to help. doh!

Hey Hex, if by chance you get to read this and are able to reply, is the way we can reach you? or is there anyone we can reach for you back home? if so, post it here!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Just got back from a 6 hour bike run and saw this thread. He is or was about a 3 1/2 hour drive from me. Don't know how much help I could be. I would suggest these people who are near him and are good.
http://www.nrcracing.com/directions.php

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hex....ya said you were gonna stop here before goin north....I wouldda checked yer scoot out.....

He'll be ok....hes intelligent (over intelligent) and resourceful....he's goin thru some of the same bikin sheit I did at his age......

Id be up there in a hearbeat too bro....but broke after Days....and bacxk in the day, we didnt need a passport to cross.....see how far you are from the US Embassy....either that or hook up with some Canadian 81....tell em a buddy is a 35 yr "friend of the club" in NY....they might help ya out, but then I'll just owe....thats cool.....

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
hex, if you check in and see this call me if you need help. i can send you money

717 728 6097 call or text. if no phone and you can use email, [email protected]

dave

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
He'll be fine Dave.....when I was his age I got strande in nowheresville Adirondacks on my Sporty.....I slept in the stairwell of an appt house....roadside in the pines another....campsites my azz....just dont start a fire..............I shouldda gone with him...but I thought he was still in Jersey.....

This kid is a genius ya know....computer whiz....thats why i wanted him as a mod.....he'll be fine......if he needs help bigtime, he got numbers....Id run up there tonighrt fer a brother if I had gas and a passport.....Im sure I could fix it too....he shouldda stopped here on his way like he said.....Idda checked the whole bike out for him....even rode part way up with him.....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,753 Posts
so no word on/from Hex yet?!......... I really hope no news is good news. not knowing really sucks! :(

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Hope he didn't give up on this site so soon. Hoping he keeps us in the loop.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Seems very odd that he had one post and nothing else. On his other thread he posted once, I answered him ( to avoid some of these problems ) and he never answered or posted on that thread again.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
i dont think hes able to re-up his phone right now.....

But junior....if ya read this...stop at a public library.....they got computers fer public use....free....thats what I was gonna do when i went x country....

How much a passport cost ?....if I had one and the gas, id ride up to Quebec now....

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
wolfie pasports takes several weeks to get, if you get lucky and get it in a hurry, and they arent cheap but I got mine 8 years ago. I just got back from bahamas at 4 am this morning after a 15 hour drive from cocoa beach florida that cleaned my bank account or I'd ran up too

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Been over 36 hours now, hope he's safe. By now he's surly found some way to log in or found some help.
Remember the kids game "Where's Waldo"??? "Where's Hex"???

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Zombies got 'im......

1 - 20 of 78 Posts