Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started putting my bike back together today. Got the forks in, wheel and brakes on and everything torqued to specs. Stood back and looked and DAMN, i GOT PROBLEMS. Got on the bike and put the handle bars straight, and the front wheel is pointed to the right.
Any suggestions or do I just tear it apart and sell the parts?

Thanks everybody.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Are you sure the handlebar isn't bent?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Are you sure you can't try to straighten the wheel out by holding the tire and pushing on the handlebars? As long as the forks aren't bent you should be good.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I started putting my bike back together today. Got the forks in, wheel and brakes on and everything torqued to specs. Stood back and looked and DAMN, i GOT PROBLEMS. Got on the bike and put the handle bars straight, and the front wheel is pointed to the right.
Any suggestions or do I just tear it apart and sell the parts?

Thanks everybody.
My fork tubes were twisted about 25-30* off center in my accident.

I just took the weight off the front wheel, loosened the 4 head clamp bolts, and got my daughter to hold the handlebars straight while I grabbed the fork tubes and twisted them back straight in the head clamps by hand.

Torque the clamp bolts back before putting weight back on the wheel.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Ok, Thanks guys. I'll take my wife out to help me and see if I can get it straightened out.
not hijacking your thread, but nice avatar! I seen them 3 times, recently at rock on the range in columbus. zw is a monster guitar player!

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, got the front end straight, now just have to wire in the LED tail light n charge the battery, or maybe just get a new one then see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts