Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
I'm leaning more toward a rod bearing on the rear cylinder now. That's about the only thing that's going to change by removing the compression.

I could tell more about it if I was there with a mechanic's stethoscope.

We always need a parts bike. There's a waiting list for that crash bar and pegs.

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
Just went back and played the youtube videos through my tv. There's something different about this knock, there's something making a different clinking noise. If it has a rod knock, there also something else loose too.

And now I see the oil screen. That's aluminum, isn't it? I think maybe the damper gear is shredding the case.

Put your fingers on the left front of the case and you might feel something there.

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
The metal is metallic.. aluminum is it

that’s a magnet in one picture
Aluminum shouldn't stick to the magnet. And there's no aluminum with the rod and crank, except the piston.

Aluminum would make me look at the damper gear.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Gotta be rod knock goes almost a

just pull plugs engine seemed a lot better out front cylinder back in no clank pull and put rear in… and oh boy it was clanking like no other.. rear cylinder has been back firing a lot also while trying to get this to run.

gotta be rod bearing has good compression”haven’t tested but it’s got it”
Ugh.
Wish I could load these videos on here.
Links for videos is the only option. YouTube is probably easier than TikTok, especially if trying to watch a clip without the app.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

well I picked a 88-89 not sure yet for really cheap 18k miles motor turns over sounds great. Worth a shot to put on my other bike. This one is pretty picked over. Tank is rusty but there. No exhaust no shocks but if you need something message me I can get pictures and ship etc

21 - 33 of 33 Posts