Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a vn750 with straight pipes and k and n pods at a elevaton of around 2450 i bought a jet kit from a guy off ebay and they said the custom build it for the specs and never told me what size jets i was getting here is what he said

Got it, will build accordingly.
The pilot jet is typically not included. The needle adjusters and idle mixture circuit adjustment solve the requirement for pilot jet replacement.
Kit Includes: Main Jets, Needle Adjusters, Nylon Spacers, Drill Bits, Slide Hole mod (with CV), Idle Mixture mod, Slide Spring Mod (with CV), Carb Schematic, Bike Specs, Carb Sync Tool build, and step by step instructions with photos.

thats what he told me so i bought it and i got 2 sets of main they are 142.5 and 137.5 all 4 needle spacers and 2 nilon spacers drill bits to uncover the air mix screw and ext but no pilot jets so i went ahead and put the 142.5 in and the needle spaces i have 37 for pilot is this right i will b running 142.5 main 37 piolt and 2 shims per needle .... is this right?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
The kit you bought may or may not be OK if you had stock filters and baffled exhaust, with pod filters you need a #40 series 22 Keihin pilot jet.

At your altitude w/pods and open exhaust:

142.5 main jet
40 pilot jet
2 shims under each needle
start pilot screws @ 2.5 turns out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts