Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
As I said in the other thread, that hose doesn't belong there.

The coolant tank hose comes from beside the radiator cap, at the top of the radiator.

Just grab it and pull it out of there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said in the other thread, that hose doesn't belong there.

The coolant tank hose comes from beside the radiator cap, at the top of the radiator.

Just grab it and pull it out of there.
It looks like you were right, It wasn't connected at either end once I chased it.

So then what line connects to the bottom nipple on the recovery tank? One comes in from the radiator cap, I can't find where the second line would go.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
The overflow at the highest part of the tank just has a hose that hangs down toward the ground.

Not sure if my tank has a hose on the overflow or not, have to look.

You'll probably have the gas tank off if you're putting that hose on.... You should check the carb vents and make sure they're connected correctly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The overflow at the highest part of the tank just has a hose that hangs down toward the ground.

Not sure if my tank has a hose on the overflow or not, have to look.

You'll probably have the gas tank off if you're putting that hose on.... You should check the carb vents and make sure they're connected correctly.
The tank is off the bike and there currently isn't a seat so it's easy to get in there.

The two center carb vents I read you just needed to run a few lines from and put them in a place with dead air.

If both fuel lines on the carb should be hooked up, would I run both lines into a T- junction and then into the petcock?

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
The petcock has two outlets, so run one to each carb. Edit: also make sure the fuel lines don't run uphill.

Looked at mine, the outlet on top of the coolant tank has a hose that loops down toward the back, and points at the ground. Couldn't even see the hose coming from the radiator.

You're correct on the carb vents, those normally come to a tee and then one line runs to dead air.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet the bottom of the tank connects to the radiator cap hose.

Thank you for all of your help in this

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I bet the bottom of the tank connects to the radiator cap hose.

Thank you for all of your help in this
That's correct. I just wasn't able to see it with everything in place. Have a chrome cover on mine, so it may hide it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts