Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

[Help] I think my Vulcan 750 come with a factory problem.

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Knifemaker 
#1 ·
Hey sup guys I'm new here and i just bought this Vulcan 750, but unfortunately i think it cames with some kind of factory problem, i already sent her to five different mechanic's , but none of then could find the problem.

Here is what happens > I start the bike , after 30 minutes it heats and start to failure.

Can you guys give me any idea about what to check ? Like give me a list of possible things that can be. I'm almost 100% sure its some eletrical issue but i'm not sure.

Please guys any help it's appreciated.

#2 ·
Hey sup guys I'm new here and i just bought this Vulcan 750, but unfortunately i think it cames with some kind of factory problem, i already sent her to five different mechanic's , but none of then could find the problem.

Here is what happens > I start the bike , after 30 minutes it heats and start to failure.
Was the bike new? Did you buy it from someone that actually rode the bike? Cause if it ran fine until you got it, it likely is not a "Factory" problem.

So what you are saying is, the bike runs, but when you go for a ride, it overheats? , misfires then finally dies.??

First off...is the bike charging the battery? Do you need to charge it to get it to run again?

Does the bike act like it is running out of gas before it dies? I'd fill the tank with fresh gas, check the coolant, make sure the bike is in fact charging the battery, then go over every electrical connection, cleaning them and making sure they are all tight. This includes checking the sidestand and clutch lever switches, the kill switch, the ground wires and anything that has a wire going to it.

If the bike runs OK...for that 30 minutes,(and you riding it, not having it sit running) but then dies ....it might be water in the tank, a loose wire, a messed up cooling system (does the bike over heat? there is a temp gauge..)

Do all the electrics work after the bike dies? (Turnsignals, horn)

When it cools off, can you start it up again?

KM

#4 ·
OBS > The bike don't need to be ride to start misfire, if i just turn it on and wait there with no one riding its misfire after 30 mins , but the bike DONT die.

1st - I'm the bike 4th owner they all had the same problem , but i can't guarantee its factory problem , i'm justing assuming it is.
2nd - No, the bike after some time turned on misfires but don't die she just keep misfire.
3rd - Yep , battery is charging.
4th - No, charge the battery to run again is not needed.
5th - After the bike start misfire if i turn it off , I need to wait she cool's off to turn it on again WITHOUT misfire.
6th - No , bike don't OVERHEAT , just after heats start to misfire.

For now , Thank you , i will check electrical connection if its all tight. I let you guys know.

#6 ·
Had a similar problem. Didn't happen as often as yours. I changed the ignition switch, problem gone.

When I opened the old switch the contacts were burned black. Probably could of gotten away with cleaning it but the new switch from Kawasaki gave me a lot more confidence.

#7 ·
Hmmm, most things I can think of have been covered, except maybe one to check last, the carb. vent to the right filter, make sure it is not pushed against the back side and blocked off, then cut it on a 45* angle to insure it won't be blocked off when you put it back in...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#8 ·
The battery is a big issue. I had lots of problems with mine until I finally broke down and bought a new AGM battery. Problem solved (providing you keep that one charged).

#11 ·
I'd have to go with the suggestions on the ignition switch and the coils (or ignitors as Kaw calls them)

These are the only things I can think of that could be effected by heat.

And really is is not a good idea to let the bike idle at rest for 30 minutes...I can see that this would not only cause some overheating, but is generally bad for those electrics.

You said 5 different mechinics looked at the bike....did any of them do anything? Just going by your symptoms.....I would have at least replaced the coils, checked the wires and ignition switch, and checked the plugs and fuel mixture.

Sounds like they just didn't even try?

KM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.