Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I did the POOGS cleaning... there are 5 springs around the latch for the gas... I didn't know they were so loose and they all got lost during the process... I could only find 3 and just put the 3 back in and rehook everything up I'm going to give her a ride to see if she goes fine...

Question is, am I fine with just 3 of the 5 springs?

Man I feel like an imbusule!!! Where can I find replacement springs or will I be fine with just the 3?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well I did the POOGS cleaning... there are 5 springs around the latch for the gas... I didn't know they were so loose and they all got lost during the process... I could only find 3 and just put the 3 back in and rehooke everything up I'm going to give her a ride to see if she goes fine...

Question is, am I fine with just 3 of the 5 springs?

Man I feel like an imbusule!!! Where can I find replacement springs or will I be fine with just the 3?
The 5 springs help create a seal between the gas tank and cap. Space the 3 remaining springs evenly around the cap. Then test by opening the gas cap and pushing on the rubber seal on the underside of the cap. The metal assembly behind the rubber seal should move, but with some resistance. You should be OK if there is enough resistance to form a tight seal against the tank opening. My guess is that you are going to be fine. Your local hardware store might have compatible replace springs if not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts