Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1995 vn750. Got a sweet deal 1800 dallars and the bike is mint with only 8xxx miles. But the bike was too quiet so i tried drill the baffles. i used a 3/16 drill bit and put four holes in each baffle. I started the bike and wasnt impressed so i proceeded to take a 10 inch screw driver and sent it home down each hole i had drilled. Now the bike is loud like i wanted but it is more high pitched. Does anyone have any advice?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I just got a 1995 vn750. Got a sweet deal 1800 dallars and the bike is mint with only 8xxx miles. But the bike was too quiet so i tried drill the baffles. i used a 3/16 drill bit and put four holes in each baffle. I started the bike and wasnt impressed so i proceeded to take a 10 inch screw driver and sent it home down each hole i had drilled. Now the bike is loud like i wanted but it is more high pitched. Does anyone have any advice?
i proceeded to take a 10 inch screw driver and sent it home down each hole i had drilled.
Don;t panic.
Simply unbolt/remove/separate the mufflers from the pipes, locate, remove & discard the piece you pounded/beat in.
Reassemble

:smiley_th x2

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
You may want to replace the mufflers with sportster mufflers. I haven't heard them first hand on a vn, but some peeps are happy with them. To me this bike with loud exhaust is just anoying. The high engine reve causes the annoyence to me.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I just put Emgo turn-out exhaust mufflers on my bike. Has a much deeper tone than the Cobra's I had. Check out my Project Hell Scream for a short idle video. However, it really doesn't do the bike justice. Since my bike came with an aftermarket exhaust on it, I don't know how the stock system is put together.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have the Hardley Sportsters on mine and can attest to their tone being much more pleasant than the stock system!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Harley muffs are the tits for these bikes once you degoat....deep, mellow sound....if ya want louder, ya pop a cupla holes in them....but its all in the chamber size(volume) where the gasses expand....larger the chamber, deeper the sound....stock Kawis are butt ugly and tinny when ya debaffle. Who's shop class made these muffs for Kawi anyway ?....bet it was Mr Nelson's...buncha dopers....piss poor welds, ugly lines....looks like a muffler for a Massey-Fergusson...

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
drill 4 more in each baffle it will lower it down a bit

·
Registered
43 Posts
To not start a new thread since were talking about mufflers, I plan on doing a custom exhaust and was thinking about just a couple of glass pack mufflers.

I don't want turn outs and would like a good sound for cheap, ideas?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Id say about 1/4 here use Sportster muffs and swear by em (around $40/pr used)....I just put Roadglide muffs on mine, because I wanted deeper and lower...yet to test....may end up putting the Sports back on...if i like em, the Sports will be for sale.
Okiebezer put the Sports on his, and loves em....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
^x2 to what Wolfie said! I'll try and get another recording and post. Have been very busy with a "make ready" for some tenants moving in to a house this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Mine were just like these.

If I remember, I paid $40 for mine plus about $20 shipping. Make sure you get this type with the bracket for hanging. There is another similar one that has a slot on the side. You need the hanger bracket.

MINE: http://www.vn750.com/forum/album.php?albumid=512&pictureid=2994
Side view: http://www.vn750.com/forum/album.php?albumid=512&pictureid=3058

http://www.ebay.com/itm/harley-Sporster-mufflers-/281096083745?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4172a1d921&vxp=mtr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts