Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY Folks,
Im new to the board. Last week I saw a kawasaki 800 and thought mmmmmm-my bike--however they also have a couple of 750's new 05's. I have read alot about this bike---dated--perhaps-but sounds reliable--which way do i lean 750 or 800-

·
Registered
277 Posts
i made the choice for the 750. i bought it used (2000) shaft drive, hydralic lifters, Acct & mag wheels sold me in the end. very easy bike to maintain by myself without have to go to the dealer for every little thing. less components that need adjusting. it might be dated in styling but like all things it will be back in vogue in no time after ppl get sick of the cookie cutter retro cruisers that are the flavor of the month at this time. it might be a 750 but it is very quick, can keep up with the big boys. also because of its "dated" looks, it's not a bike that will disappear when you park it for the night, so insurance is a little cheaper for this model. but in the end beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so i guess the ball is in your court. good luck no matter what you choose.

ride safe, john

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Another thing to think of, the 800 yiou have to remove the gas tank when you want to check or change the plugs. Not as easy as the 750, they only have 1 plug per cylender unluke the 750 has 2. More spark better fuel burn and power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts