Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
social_enemy0
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So a guy at the local shop informed me a while back that my clutch cable was streatched out pretty much to the max, so i bought another one. well that was in '09 and its 2011 and i decided to put the thing on finally. Well... i get the old one off and the new one on with all the adjusters maxed out and it seems too long... tried putting the old one back on, same issue seems like its too long!!! WTF?!?!?!?! i called the parts house n they triple checked the part number said it was the correct cable. please help this is my main transportation

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Guessing you did not put it back the way it was before. A note here...any time you take something apart... Take photos or make sketches of it so you remember how it fits.

The clutch cable goes up along the left frame and the bends up between the left fork behind the headlight shell and rises through the cable ring off the left side of the gauges, bending back to the clutch lever.

Perhaps you can take a photo of how you routed yours for us to look at?

KM

·
social_enemy0
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got another cable.. still too long. maybe i need to adjust something at the clutch end? ive got a clymer it has something about removing that but i didnt think that would be necissary for just a cable replacement. right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts