Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000 miles on my iridiums, I was noticing a little hesitation right at 60 mph roughly 4000 rpms, it would come and go a bit, did not do it in any other gear or speeds. accelerated past it fine it was just in that one spot. today it got reall bad, same speed but then started doing it in lower gears too, mainly 1st and 2nd but always at 60 mph. tach would start jumping all over.
also not sure if its the same issue or not but I notice my headlight goes really bright for a while and then gets kinda dim, then bright again, this was a new headlight I just put in a thousand miles ago and the low beam went on it today just like my old one did.
any thoughts?

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I was thinking CDI. My old bike was notorious for that, but it doesn't get progressively worse, just stays mildly annoying.

·
2,527 Posts
Ditto on the loose battery cable, been there done that!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be damned! loose neg connection, haven't took it out yet to see if it sputters but it was defnately loose, didn't solve the headlight though, guess those autozone bulbs aren't cut out for our bikes, way cheaper and same specs but its only a month old and low beam is out.
thanks guys you rock. will let you nkow how it runs in a couple days, I work nights the next two nights and dont like deer dodging if I aint gotta, there getting thick again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts