Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just received my used Kaw saddlebag brackets/TS relo kit. 2 Questions:1. It didn't come with any electrical stuff, do I just need to extend the TS wires or is something else required? 2. The helmet locks on the bracket didn't come with a key. Is there a way to re-key them without the original key, and if so,how? If not, what would be the best way to remove them (so I can put my original locks there)? TIA. I am also posting this to Yahoo VN750.
- Phillip

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
A complete Kaw relo kit includes two TS wire extenders as well. They have the matching connectors and are just 2 straight through (black) wires about foot long. If you can get matching connectors (some on eBay $$) you can make your own. If not, you have to choose where to splice, the almost irreplaceable factory wiring harness or the easily replaceable turn signals.

If the locks are not mounted to the relo kit, www.howstuffworks.com has information on how to re-key them yourself. You have to be able to get to the back of the lock to disassemble it (remove the cylinder). I won an auction with locks mounted so I found a locksmith in the yellow pages specializing in motorcycle locks. It was $15.00 for re-keying the locks to match my key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts