Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a few things on here, but I guess I need to introduce myself. I have a 2000 Vulcan 750, with 17,500 miles. I bought it new. I remember the dealer telling me that I ought to get the extended warranty, 'cause this bike has been known to have electrical issues. Like any wary buyer, I didn't get the warranty, cause it's always free money for the dealer. Boy, was I wrong! I found that out the day I ran the battery out of water. Well, I found out about 6 months after that horrendous day, when my headlight stopped working (r/r fried, and was grounding out the stator), and then a while later the stator went. So I let it sit for 9 months, thinking I was going to repair it myself, after which I took it to the shop and got the stator replaced.

So everything's peachy, right? No, it has developed a starting problem. The starter "hits" dead spots when cranking. I got a battery tender to make sure my new WalMart battery was up to par, which seemed to help a little. Then I took the starter out to inspect the brushes, which were ok, but I went ahead and cleaned it anyhow. Tada! works better. Well, works better when cold. I had the final straw yesterday when I stopped to get gas, and couldn't get it started again! Finally found a small hill from which to pop the clutch, and it started up like nothing was wrong. I hadn't looked on the net since 1+ years prior, when my stator went out. So I did, and I found you guys! Happy day! All the information here is fantastic! Good to see my starting problem is common. I have a YUASA MF battery on order, and I plan to move my r/r soon.

By the way, according to posts, someone is supposed to have pictures of their r/r relocation, but the link is bad. Can someone tell me where the pictures are?

TIA,
Ern.

PS - I reside in Bryant, Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Fergy! A picture is truly better than a thousand words.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts