Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from East Texas (Via England and Massachusetts)...Crockett to be exact.

I ride a Yamaha Venture and recently "helped" my college age son purchase a 750. I used to have a Vulcan 1500 and wish i kept it.....but that's another story.

I look forward to picking your brains on repair issues I may run across.
I have the bike on the lift and am preparing to go through it to learn more about the bike.
It's a sweet ride for him and I will be fine tuning things over the course of????

Thanks for the great site and hope to learn a few things!

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Welcome. Youv'e come to the right place. You need to check the rear drive splines to ensure they are lubed (some, like mine, never were). Read the Vulcan verses and OlHossCanada's list of things to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Gonna change both tires so will lube the splines. Have already picked up a number of tips! like how to get the seat off:BLAM:

·
Banned
431 Posts
Crockett huh?... I was hoping Tennessee... I guess Texas will do though, Davy loved it enough to die there... WELCOME!!!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Welcome to the group. Just be careful whose brain you pick some of us don't have much to spare ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Apparently Davey Crockett stopped here to drink at the spring on the way to the Alamo.
I think he took a leak too?

I am guessing my brain has been picked a lot if this is the case. And to think I thought it was the drug days of my youth?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Welcome to another "transplanted" Texan! Like others have said, just ask. Someone here has been there and can help. Spline lube procedure is in my sig if you need it. What year is the 750?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness crockettrider. The link is at the bottom of my sig, but many others contributed their collective knowledge and experience to the thread.

"Helped" your son buy a bike did you? It sounds to me like the "Bank of Dad" is the owner! LOL

Enjoy the cruise through the forums. Ask questions when you need to, and contribute ideas as you are so inclined.

Make a good day, and stay safe out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to another "transplanted" Texan! Like others have said, just ask. Someone here has been there and can help. Spline lube procedure is in my sig if you need it. What year is the 750?
I saw that on your sig line and will investigate further as time allows...Many thanks

Welcome to the Vulcan madness crockettrider. The link is at the bottom of my sig, but many others contributed their collective knowledge and experience to the thread.

"Helped" your son buy a bike did you? It sounds to me like the "Bank of Dad" is the owner! LOL

Enjoy the cruise through the forums. Ask questions when you need to, and contribute ideas as you are so inclined.

Make a good day, and stay safe out there.
I'm guessing your a Dad.lol
He still refers to it as his bike. I just hope he doesn't think he can sell it if he needs money:boxing:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry, it's a 2003 with 3200 miles...If memory serves me right on the miles.
I have 5 bikes in the garage now and it's getting hard to keep up...but I love it:pepper:

·
Banned
431 Posts
What are your other rides?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are your other rides?
The 750 is my sons. I have a Yamaha Venture I ride (with the wife), a DR 650 Dual sport Suzuki, a 650 Kawasaki KLR (for the kids) and a 250 Honda rebel for the beginners to learn on.

Hmm, guess that's 5....old age setting in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts