Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Duffy. I have a 2006 VN 750. I enjoy using this size bike around town and it has plenty of get up and go. I need some help. I have a leak on one of my forks. In most cases, do I just get the two seals replaced? Will I need any other parts to stop the leak? I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

If you're leaking from the top of the tube, it'll be a seal replacement for sure. Always do these in pairs.

Best of luck,
Hippie

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Welcome and be sure to post where you are located. Who knows maybe there is a member right around the corner to give you a hand.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Hi Duffy. Yeah it is a good sized bike for most riding styles ....except 2 people for long periods. Kaw shorted us in the seat dept., literally.
You have 2 outer 'dust' seals and under those two oil seals. You should replace or have all 4 replaced so you'll be set for a long time. Don't know what type of riding you do or your money situation but it's been suggested that upgrading the fork springs to the progressive type is a major improvement. Might want to consider that since you'll have it apart anyway. Good luck.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts