Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would give a quick hello. New to the forum but have been riding one thing or another for 45 yrs. This my first VN750. A 1995 that has sat in a garage for quite a while. 7100 original miles. Doing the stator and the carbs right now. will post some pics ASAP. Looking forward to getting it back on the road.:smiley_th

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics are in my garage. Cant seem to get them here for some reason.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the welcome. Sorry to hear you got rid of your vulcan MTB. Still riding? Im from Mi. but made the switch about 25yrs ago. TonyO, there is some nice riding up in your neck of the swamps!!! The Nucking Futhouse.......Think i'll fit in nicely.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Welcome. 7100 miles. That thing must look like new. I bought a 1997 with 21,000 miles a few months ago and am working on it. I got 108,000 miles out of my '02. I still have it and am transferring all my accessories from it to the one I just bought. Also putting new tires on it and giving it a complete service. I suggest checking and lubing your final drive splines. At 7100 miles there is a good chance of saving them even if they have never been lubricated before. Also check the cam chain tensioners.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the heads up Jerry. Will check the tensioners tomorrow for sure. Also, the splines your talking about. Would that be at the output housing, or just all splined points in general. Dont have alot of experie
nce with shaft drives. This is only my 3rd one!!! The first two I never had to get into them.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
the splines that have issues are drive shaft to rear bevel gear connection (at the rear wheel). NOT the ones at front end of drive shaft, but the rear one where it joins the back pumpkin)

also, just need a very thin coating of grease on the rear bevel to wheel connection (too much will just end up running out all over the place)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts