Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before buying the Vulcan, I had a brief encounter with a Rebel 250 for two weeks. I thought I could enjoy a small bike to "ride around town on." After a week of the wind in my face, I knew I had to get something bigger.

This is my first bike in 15 years. My last was a 1980Honda750F. I am not sure if this bike is faster than it or not. Some things have changed since I had the Honda. My nerve... I still have not gotten on the Vulcan due to the road conditions here in Seattle area. (Mostly wet or drying) Also my weight has gone up about 40 lbs or so since I had the 750.

I bought my 94Vn750 on Dec. 15 and it rained every day for 30 days. That gave me the chance to do some research and found the Yahoo group. What a resource group. The 30 days of rain was just enough of a delay in riding for me to do the necessary maintenance on the bike. Oil, antifreeze and rear drive oil change. I still need to check the splines and put on a maintenance free battery. So far, I have put about 300 miles on the bike, in between the rain showers. I lucked out and found this 94 vulcan with 13,000 miles. It came with highway pegs, a windshield and a Kawasaki luggage rack. The only thing missing was the locking cover for the sissy bar box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome Larry,
That's is one of the things I did to my 04, installed a stainless hinge on the tool box. Now I don't have to worry about it falling off. Lots of good info here! Might also want to check out the Yahoo groups. Be careful on those wet streets. We are finally getting some of those here in Texas(about time).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hello Larry and welcome!

You should be able to enjoy the 750 since leaving the 250 behind. It's a great bike with alot of nice features built in.

Don't forget to post some pics! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!! Look forward to keeping up with the posts on this site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome, They all require a hinge. I dunno design flaw. Ride safe and don't worry about those 40 lbs. When summer hits and the weather is good you'll forget to stop and eat. Those lbs will burn off. haha WooWoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.