Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Daniel Pope, I’m 27 from a small town in Vermont. I’ve been turning wrench’s for about 13 years, had a few bikes but haven’t had anything worth riding on the road (until now). I was recently given a 1986 VN750 that a friend of mine started bobbing and never finished. Bike has about 20k on it and even though it wasn’t supposed to, it runs exceptionally well! I’m incredibly pleased with it. I have done some work and will do more but I have a need for knowledge. By that I mean in both my military career and civilian career I always sought out the people who knew more than me. What better place to do so than a collection of knowledgeable souls? So I’m excited to be here and I hope to learn from all of you if I can! Thank you!

·
Member? ... check.
535 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a great deal of valuable info in the Vulcan Verses section of this site.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome! Looks like the previous owner did a hardtail bobber conversion on it with a springer seat; that bad boy definitely ain't stock. Glad to hear it's running well, 20k miles isn't much on an '86 but at least it got ridden and didn't waste away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He did the hard tail and dropped the ride height. I did the springer seat, the triumph race mufflers and ordered the lights for the back, which are taking FOREVER to come in.... oh well. I’m super happy with it. Has a few small issues to work out but overall I have no complaints

·
Registered
769 Posts
I thought something was missing from the back hahah. I'm not a cop, but license plate/brake light/turn signals are pretty important 😁

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered up some cool bobber lights and stuff but I am still waiting unfortunately. I have some other stuff to do in the meantime so for now I just putter with it after work for a while

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spockster

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
I would cover up the holes left in the frame from cutting off the rear end. Water will fill up the frame, and trust me, these bikes handle like crap when the left frame rail rusts out. Don't ask me how I know lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the plan. I have some angle iron to work in and build brackets for the bobber turn signal lights I ordered. I just haven’t gotten that far yet. Slowly but surely

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
That is the plan. I have some angle iron to work in and build brackets for the bobber turn signal lights I ordered. I just haven’t gotten that far yet. Slowly but surely
Ill get some pics up of what I did in a few

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
Ill get some pics up of what I did in a few

Sorry I'll get out to the garage in the morning. Been really busy

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,201 Posts
Cut a piece of angle iron and ground it to shape and welded it in. Doubles as the fender mount

1 - 14 of 14 Posts