Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name's Tom. I'm in central MA around Worcester. The only Kawi forum site I found prior to this one that was really nice was kzrider. It's good to see there's a site dedicated to the VN750.

I picked up my '89 750 about a year ago. It's the perfect size for me, and I'm quite pleased with it, though it has a couple of problems I'm going to have to address very soon.

This bike is my first v-twin, so it's the first time I've had to deal with the wild vibrations. My first bike was a KZ440; then I upgraded to a Honda V65 Magna. That Magna was so smooth that, when I rode the Vulcan for the first time, it felt like I was going to vibrate right off the bike. But the Vulcan was just the perfect size for me and much more comfortable than the Magna, so I was sold. It's also a simpler design, making it easier for me to work on it.

Back to the vibrations: My first plate fell off and was lost the first time I rode it; I never found it. The second plate fell to pieces within a few weeks, but I still have it on the bike well-secured. Now both muffler guards have broken straps, so they sing (to put it nicely) to me as I ride. At some point I'm going to have to take time I don't have right now and secure EVERYTHING. I'll certainly be scanning the forum for points in that area.

Thanks to whomever set up this site and all of you who contribute. From the little that I've seen of it so far, it looks like a great resource.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts