Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie about to buy my third bike (my first two were twenty years ago though - does that make me 'born again'?). After much research, and some lurking around here and the Yahoo forum, I've decided that a VN750 is the only way to go, and will be collecting my first Vulcan just as soon as I find a decent one!

I work in the NHS in Cornwall, UK, where we have no motorways, just plenty of long coast roads and moorland rides, past the relics of tin mines one minute, and cliff edges down to the sea the next. So as you can imagine, I'm looking forward to doing all this on my second-hand VN750. Now, back to those classified ads....

Good to be a part of a very knowledgable and helpful community.

Cheers, G.

·
Geek
872 Posts
It seems there are a lot of us who havn't ridden in 20 years. Check my pictures in the photo gallery from 1976 and 1980.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Hi & welcome. Good to see another member so close to home, i'm in the neighbouring county!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Use the "insert image" button above the text window when you post & just follow the instructions. Or you can put pictures in the new photo gallery - again, just follow the instructions on that part of ther site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hiya Mr Blin and Ernie. Good to see a couple of UK-based owners here. I'm starting to think that VN750s must be quite rare in the UK. They only come up for sale in Bike Trader, or on eBay, about once a month. (As you can probably tell, I haven't found myself one yet!) Ho hum, I shall keep looking.

Cheers,

Graeme :D

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Yeah, VN750's are quite rare here in the UK. Although they are still a current model over in the USA they were discontinued here in 1995, possibly due to poor sales. Personally I think they are very underrated. Mine has given me real pleasure over the 12+ years I have owned it. Only major problem I had was the rear driveshaft splines stripping. I'm sure you'll read plenty about this common problem here on the forum & it's something you should check out when you are looking to buy one.
Hope you succeed in finding one, I have seen the odd one come up in MCN or Autotrader.
All the best,
Ernie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts