Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Former Marine here who hasn't been on a bike in 26 years. Last bike I owned/rode was an '89 VN750. Loved that bike. Took it to Europe and rode up and down Italy and into Germany. Life has a way sidetracking a person and it caused me to stop riding. Decided to get back on 2 wheels and just bought an '85 VN700. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty since I've been wrenching on cars since I was 17. Am very happy to find this site and it's amount of combined knowledge. So Hello and Safe Riding from Paulding County, Georgia. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Welcome and thank you for your service. I tried to join the military at 18, back in 1977. They turned me down due to a medical condition known as scoliosis (curvature of the spine) I didn't even know I had it. They said it would make it a lot easier to get injured. I guess they were right. I got a job as a fleet mechanic for the city I live in, and 3 years later had to have back surgery (removal of L5 disc) they said it was broken into pieces and the sciatic nerve was pinched between the pieces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts