Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1992 Vulcan 750
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I've been a member of the forum for about a month now but, in the last week, became an official owner of a 1992 Vulcan 750 (purchased from CRobins365). I am in the Gaithersburg area of Maryland and was wondering who else in the forum might be local to this area?

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hi, Adam! Welcome to the Forum - here's hoping you don't have to ask for any repair advice for many moons. :D

The Marylanders whose names I've seen before are GrayFox, Foxhound, TommyBoy, and...well, just me, I guess. Anyone else out there??

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can kind of add me to that list.

Not really a Marylander, but i'm inside the beltway (Falls Church, VA) so close enough, i guess.

Still new myself. Good luck with the bike and enjoy. You bought from someone who's very thorough with her maintenance/upkeep (with what i can see from the forums).

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Maybe we should have sub-regions: Inside the Beltway, Outside the Beltway. Kinda links to "those who want to get out" and "those who are afraid to go in." I'm in the latter category. ;)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Inside the Beltway, Outside the Beltway. Kinda links to "those who want to get out" and "those who are afraid to go in." I'm in the latter category. ;)
LOL
I'm in the same category ("those who are afraid to go in") any time I start getting closer to Pittsburgh.
Forget having to worry about the crazy people in cars, WATCH OUT FOR THE BUSSES!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm not a fan of going inside the beltway, but my fear has been tempered. I have had several forays inside the 8 lane death strip on my baby and survived. In fact I had to go to Fairfax yesterday. Tomorrow I will be riding through the District of Confusion in order to meet an old ( haven't seen him since 1982 ) friend. He is staying out in springfeild. I'm planning on heading out by around 12 so I can be on the other side before rush hour madness. I live way down at the bottom of Calvert county. One of these days I need to host a forum party.

·
Registered
135 Posts
He is staying out in springfeild. I'm planning on heading out by around 12 so I can be on the other side before rush hour madness. I live way down at the bottom of Calvert county. One of these days I need to host a forum party.
I'd probably be pretty scared of entering the beltway if i wasn't already inside it. Luckily, i've found navigable routes to and from places that aren't *that* full of stupid cagers. But depending on where in springfield i don't envy you.

Actually did a ride to jersey yesterday (will do the reverse tonight), the beltway was manageable at 2pm, only two people that didn't understand that yeah, i should get as much merge distance as a car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in Germantown and commute daily to the "inside" - aka downtown D.C. Welcome to the forum Adam.

·
Scratches in the dirt ...
34 Posts
I'm just down 270 a short jaunt.
In the Silver Spring zip code but the north-west side.
I occasionally ride with a friend from Monkey Village ;-)

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I'm new to riding, just got my '93 from my better half. Getting it back in shape for riding and loving every minute of it. I'm located in Joppa between White Marsh and Aberdeen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also new to riding and recently picked up an '01. I live in Elkton (Cecil County) but can throw a rock into Delaware from my house. I drive to DC a lot on business in my van but can't see myself doing it on my bike for a while. Gets a little crazy down there even with metal around you. Take care.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I took my riding course at Harley Davidson in Eldridge. Enjoying the bike and will enjoy it more when I can get the sitting around for 10 years bugs out of it...I'm close to getting it totally done but that doesn't stop me from riding. Take care and safe riding.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am new here thanks to corbin365, I am located in Glen Burnie,Md. I just picked up a 2001 vn750 that has sat for 3 years anyone want to help me clean some carbs ? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts