Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 vulcan vn750
solved the hot start problem...but new prob. when i start to ride the bike suddenly surges then cuts off. I have to turn the key on an off

I have repaced the control cables, I have cleaned the exhaust tube and teeny holes.

This happens all the time now I even tried riding with gas cap open.

I also have disabled the kill switch and replalced the plugs. I reallly miss riding. any one who can hep pase do so

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I have a 95 vulcan vn750
solved the hot start problem...but new prob. when i start to ride the bike suddenly surges then cuts off. I have to turn the key on an off

I have repaced the control cables, I have cleaned the exhaust tube and teeny holes.

This happens all the time now I even tried riding with gas cap open.

I also have disabled the kill switch and replalced the plugs. I reallly miss riding. any one who can hep pase do so
take your key switch apart and clean the contacts,probably fix you right up:smiley_th

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
help

would cleaning contacts stop the surging as welll?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
would cleaning contacts stop the surging as welll?
probably .could be getting intermittent voltage loss to ignition ,it is where I would start looking first.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will try that in the AM/ thanks man
im just changing things till it works again

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Have you tried wiggling the stand switch??? I have had this problem before turned out that the stand safety was needing a little spray cleaner and luber.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have you tried wiggling the stand switch??? I have had this problem before turned out that the stand safety was needing a little spray cleaner and luber.
+1 on this idea! i didnt know that bikes had a feature that would kill the bike if you tried to take off with the kickstand out lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts