Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this posting on eBay Europe for a VN750 for a luggage rack. I contacted the seller and he says he will ship to USA. Total cost using Buy it Now would be around $80 US including shipping.

Does not look like the OEM one for sure, but it might be an option for someone in this forum. The design looks like you would be losing your trunk if you install it. Maybe some of the Euro VN750's did not have a trunk. If you're slick, maybe you could keep the top half of the trunk and install a shallower bottom inside it. Or maybe you might get it and find out it works fine.

Use a translator to translate the page. I also used a translator to PM the seller to see if he would ship to USA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310275313996&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
The euro bike has a different rear. The taillight and turn signals are higher.
The rack you linked has cutouts for turn signals......my question then would be.....will it fit a US bike?

Can not remember if they have a "tool box" like ours. Let us know if it fits.

KM

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The rack you linked has cutouts for turn signals......my question then would be.....will it fit a US bike?

KM
After 2 1/2 years on this board practically every day, this is the first time I have heard about these differences on the European vn750s. Thanks KM.

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not for me

I am not planning on ordering it. Both of our 750's have OEM racks installed already. I just posted it here in case a member wants to give it a try. For $80 it's not priced unfairly.

KM

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
After 2 1/2 years on this board practically every day, this is the first time I have heard about these differences on the European vn750s. Thanks KM.
I used to have a photo of one but can not find it. There is a photo of one right here at this forum...but can't tell if the turnsignals are simply relocated for the saddlebags or if it is a stock mount:

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11678

Tracking down a Euro spec photo of the bike might take awhile, but I am pretty sure the reason they are not the same is because they have a mininum height from the ground the lights have to be at , so Kawasaki made a different rear "rail" that goes under the seat that raises them up to meet Euro regs for the European market.

The rack in the link is simular to one that Kawasaki sold here originally...that bolted in to the top of the rear seat rail. You removed the upper "U" and it fit between that and the lower part it went in to.

Someone should have a photo of that somewhere...??......;)...yes. Bulldog had one:

http://www.breyn.com/vn750/evolution.htm

KM

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
The picture of the European model in the Kawasaki manual shows a slightly shorter pillion backrest. KM is right about the signals, they are mounted to the sides of the backrest rather than the side rails.

·
2 Vulcans
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting!

If Bulldog's was the same as the eBay listing, then it looks like you can keep your toolbox with this rack and have something even a little more unique than the other "hard to find" US OEM luggage rack.

It looks a little beefier too and is a closer visual match in size and design to the rest of the metal work that makes up the stock backrest. Could be an interesting install. I think I remember seeing a writeup where somebody had to do some grinding work on a first-gen rack. Wonder if the Euro spec rack has the same issues.

I know we have some international members; maybe one of them will add something to this.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
If Bulldog's was the same as the eBay listing, then it looks like you can keep your toolbox with this rack and have something even a little more unique than the other "hard to find" US OEM luggage rack.

It looks a little beefier too and is a closer visual match in size and design to the rest of the metal work that makes up the stock backrest. Could be an interesting install. I think I remember seeing a writeup where somebody had to do some grinding work on a first-gen rack. Wonder if the Euro spec rack has the same issues.

I know we have some international members; maybe one of them will add something to this.
looks like it would make it easy to relocate the signals without any brackets also. There's a two for one deal !!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Don't believe the North American seat or tool box will fit that backrest. Too short to accomodate them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts