Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
Funny you should mention that. After checking out those grip heaters Dirtrack mentioned, i found a pair on Amazon and posted the question: "Instead of wrapping them around the grips, could they be tucked inside a pair of gloves or mitts?" I could suddenly see myself getting double-duty out of them: Post cycle season, add a power-brick and take em' snowboarding!

I have not seen what you're talking about here but that's what I'll be looking into next!
One thing I wonder about is how well the pads can take flexing without breaking. Like wrapping your fingers around a grip or wearing in a hip pocket. Edit: I see they have a picture with pads on a pair of gloves. These are probably the same ribbons they use on heated car seats.

Here's just the first one I grabbed, they're literally everywhere, Amazon, ebay, Walmart online, etc. Info says these will work on any power source that's at least 5v 2 amp, so a power brick or charger outlet should do it. With less than 2amps, the one below won't even power up.

No more than these cost, I'll probably try a set this winter, the seat cover I'm using is toasty, but bulky for wearing on the body. Edit: $8.86 if I use my Amazon points. lol A couple of packs of chemical warmers cost more than that.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Dirtrack, have you had a chance to try out those USB heaters? I've got USB at my gauges so it would be a cinch to use these providing they work well.
Yes! I've been out on rides below 40° with my son. They work great! Don't know how long they'll last, they do get warm. There's better models on eBay for a bit more money that have three heat ranges.
Shoe Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Since they wrap with Velcro, I've used them on both my GL Hondas and the VN.

A 10000 mAh battery pack lasts about four hours.

Wheel Tire Water Vehicle Fuel tank

34° no problem at 19yrs old. 🤔

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
One thing I wonder about is how well the pads can take flexing without breaking. Like wrapping your fingers around a grip or wearing in a hip pocket. Edit: I see they have a picture with pads on a pair of gloves. These are probably the same ribbons they use on heated car seats.

Here's just the first one I grabbed, they're literally everywhere, Amazon, ebay, Walmart online, etc. Info says these will work on any power source that's at least 5v 2 amp, so a power brick or charger outlet should do it. With less than 2amps, the one below won't even power up.

No more than these cost, I'll probably try a set this winter, the seat cover I'm using is toasty, but bulky for wearing on the body. Edit: $8.86 if I use my Amazon points. lol A couple of packs of chemical warmers cost more than that.

These work good too. A friend (70 years young and still riding hard) stuck the five pad set into his riding jacket. He says they're awesome. He also got the Refrigiwear -30° bibs and Ororo heated gloves. The gloves BTW are on black Friday special for $99 RN.

He and I had coffee the other day. I got home at 33° and wasn't cold with the right gear.

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
These work good too. A friend (70 years young and still riding hard) stuck the five pad set into his riding jacket. He says they're awesome. He also got the Refrigiwear -30° bibs and Ororo heated gloves. The gloves BTW are on black Friday special for $99 RN.

He and I had coffee the other day. I got home at 33° and wasn't cold with the right gear.
Thanks, I may as well give them a try then. Got snow today but not enough yet.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts