Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the only thing i've done electrically is switched from halogen to a HID light, 6000k hid, not sure if that is higher or lower wattage than the halogen but would the bike(stock stator/RR) be able to handle a pair for 27 watt heated glove liners without running into charging problems?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm running the Gerbing heated gloves with no problem at all...

http://gerbing.com/collection/g3-glove.html

They are 12v at 2.2 amps... which comes to 26.4 watts... nice and toasty with no noticeable impact on the charging system.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I have an off switch on my headlight, just so I can use my Widder electric gloves. Obviously this will not work at night. The switch is wired into the high beam circuit, if I get stopped by a cop, I just switch over to low beam and the light comes on, he thinks it's a burned out bulb. I HAVE to have the electric gloves in cold weather, because I got frostbite in my hands once, and when they get really cold now, I loose all feeling.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with re-chargeable gloves vs. gloves that plug into the bike? Pros and cons? I'm buying a pair of heated gloves this week. My fingers were hurting from going 20 miles in 35 degree weather last Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
11,932 Posts
I like the idea of the rechargeable gloves. (As you can use them when not on the bike)
+1 on the wind deflectors. I put a pair of V-Strom "knuckle guards" on my FJR and found I could ride in 35-40 degree weather just wearing good winter gloves.

Another option are "hippo hands" , I think someone's still making them..

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
pussies

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: stubyles

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
gee Goofyfoot your hands can't get cold on your sporty when you're doing 358,000 mph.you'd think friction would warm you up

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
you are right,though, Gibby, no one likes a cold pussy(some might,though😋)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts