Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting sick and tired of this bike each day I work on it. I finally got around to install my new used wire harness. Everything on it seems fine. I did find one wire that was solder. I finally got to put in the head light in today and the headlight flashes off the relay when the bike is on the on position. Removed all wires for the turn signals and same thing. I'm not sure what it does when the bike is running seeing I still have an issue with the regulator/stator. So now I need to wait for the bike to charge then go check it.

Side note, I'm now hearing a nasty I guess u can say grinding noise on the left of the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
I'm getting sick and tired of this bike each day I work on it. I finally got around to install my new used wire harness. Everything on it seems fine. I did find one wire that was solder. I finally got to put in the head light in today and the headlight flashes off the relay when the bike is on the on position. Removed all wires for the turn signals and same thing. I'm not sure what it does when the bike is running seeing I still have an issue with the regulator/stator. So now I need to wait for the bike to charge then go check it.

Side note, I'm now hearing a nasty I guess u can say grinding noise on the left of the bike.
Possibly balancer/dampers going out. If so, don't recommend you run it until you find out! If you have to replace the stator (do stator test) you'll be pulling that cover anyway.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
get the stator fixed... check out those ballancers, then we can go from there to TS the headlight issue... the blinking issue could be due to the bad stator. not likely, but it could be linked... just saying.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't doing that before I replaced the wire harness. I checked to see if the blue wire was switched and it was not. The head light shouldn't turn on with just the ignition switch on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts