Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday on a trip, suddenly my headlight went out and wen i wanted to stop aside the road and the engine went to low rotation speed the engine went out and i could not get it on again.
I changed the headlight bulb and for a few seconds the light was there again, but i still could not start the engine.
Can it be there is something wrong with the conjunction box or headlight or starter circuit relay. If so do i have replace the whole junction box ??

I hope my dealer will picup my bike asap because it stands outside along the road and i am home. Bahh i hate this.

Vn750 American model

Dingo, Netherlands

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes it could the junction box. Go to the simple stuff first. How is the battery condition? Does the engine crank over when you hit the starter button? Do you have a maintenance free battery? If you don't you should get one. Need more info.

dingo said:
Yesterday on a trip, suddenly my headlight went out and wen i wanted to stop aside the road and the engine went to low rotation speed the engine went out and i could not get it on again.
I changed the headlight bulb and for a few seconds the light was there again, but i still could not start the engine.
Can it be there is something wrong with the conjunction box or headlight or starter circuit relay. If so do i have replace the whole junction box ??

I hope my dealer will picup my bike asap because it stands outside along the road and i am home. Bahh i hate this.

Vn750 American model

Dingo, Netherlands

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sgt Mike said:
Yes it could the junction box. Go to the simple stuff first. How is the battery condition? Does the engine crank over when you hit the starter button? Do you have a maintenance free battery? If you don't you should get one. Need more info.
Thanks for replying
Battery is okee, all other lights are well and bright and the engine does rotate but makes after a few rotations a stange klickking noise when i hit the start button. I have no Maintenance free battery.

I just went back to see my bike is still there, and it was :)
I dit see that all fuses were okee
The tail- and other lights are weak now beacause i dit start the battery allmost empty, the head light is not burning at all. When trying to start the same klikking noise is comming out of the starter-engine.

It seems to be that i can not fix this all and hope tomorrow the dealer is comming to pick it up, he is closed now :-(

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
It may seems silly, but try jiggling the ignition key in the ignition (turn it counterclockwise a fraction after turning it to "on").

I've had some very odd things happen electrically because I've got a worn ignition. At time, half my lights can go out, blinkers don't work, etc... (Though I've never had any starting problems because of it). I'm going to rebuild it shortly.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If the battery is ok then I would start checking for bad or corroded ground/earth connections. But I suspect that the battery is bad. If all of that is ok, then the charging system may be at fault (stator and or regulator/rectifier), and you don't want the the stator to be the problem, big job to replace.

dingo said:
Thanks for replying
Battery is okee, all other lights are well and bright and the engine does rotate but makes after a few rotations a stange klickking noise when i hit the start button. I have no Maintenance free battery.

I just went back to see my bike is still there, and it was :)
I dit see that all fuses were okee
The tail- and other lights are weak now beacause i dit start the battery allmost empty, the head light is not burning at all. When trying to start the same klikking noise is comming out of the starter-engine.

It seems to be that i can not fix this all and hope tomorrow the dealer is comming to pick it up, he is closed now :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.