Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use one of these? I was adjusting my windshield front to keep it from vibrating against my gauges and if I don't move it back far enough then the headlight beam just catches the bottom edge of my shield and it distorts my driving a night (glares from the bottom edge of the shield) so I'm thinking of putting one of these on. I'm wondering if that will also focus the beam a little better. Any thoughts on that? Plus I think they look cool. :smiley_th

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
That's been on my wish list for a while but I've been frying bigger fish. lol
It should certainly take care of the glare but I don't think it will do anything for the focus of light. It will be pretty though!

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
Headlight visors are gay....;)

To solve the glare issue, I bought some rubber edging from McMaster Carr that looks like this:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/knifemaker1954/1490851860/

And put some along the edge of my windscreen. This allowed me to even have the shield rest on top of the headlight.

I even used the edging to go around the whole edge of my smaller shield (photo of that somewhere at the same sight.

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I have the visor on my bike and luv it. However it does not do anything for the focus but sure looks coooool to me.I have posted the lower pict of my visor.
:) Yep. Gay.

Any chrome or leather do-dad that you add to your bike that does nothing.... But looks "cool" is pretty much gay. Leather grip tassels....gay. Plastic chrome nut covers....gay.

But....

Not saying there is anything wrong with that......

My gay add on :

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/6886/2482738610086768460S600x600Q85.jpg

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I like your taste in "GAY". lol Man that sounds bad.

WAIT! It has purpose, function, useability... It alters the air pattern flowing over the bike. I know, it's a stretch! lol

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Had this on for years. Now I know why sweet cheeks is always checking me out. ;-)

·
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Headlight visors are gay....;)

Thanks KM, I'll take that into consideration...... I think fanny packs are Gay, but to each their own. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts