Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Vulcan 750. I've tried for about an hour and can't get the old bulb out. I removed the housing for the headlight and there was a rubber cover on the back side of the bulb. I pulled that up and there was a sort of hook. I undid that and on the other side it was another hook underneath a piece of metal. I couldn't get that piece undone. People told me it should take about 20 minutes and it's already been three times longer. I couldn't find YouTube videos or pictures to help me. I hope I described it well enough.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I have a 2003 Vulcan 750. I've tried for about an hour and can't get the old bulb out. I removed the housing for the headlight and there was a rubber cover on the back side of the bulb. I pulled that up and there was a sort of hook. I undid that and on the other side it was another hook underneath a piece of metal. I couldn't get that piece undone. People told me it should take about 20 minutes and it's already been three times longer. I couldn't find YouTube videos or pictures to help me. I hope I described it well enough.
Should take about 5 minutes. Each metal spring is just pushed down and towards the bulb ( if I remember the direction right ). All you are dealing with is spring tension. Maybe you have a corrosion problem.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
X2 to JM2001's reply.
It has been a few years since I have looked inside the headlight bucket, so I just checked some pics in the Clymer manual. Once you have disconnected the wire connector and removed the rubber cap all you should have to do is squeeze the two ends of the retaining clip together and lift it off the headlight body, and lift the bulb out.

If it is not just that easy, then it sounds like the spring clip has been jury rigged somehow, or there is a corrosion problem as JM mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts