Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be normal, but the bottom third of my headlight looks like its not working.
I have no idea how old the bulb is and wouldn't mind going to something better if indeed that is my problem.

If a new bulb is needed, suggestions of what to get would be appreciated.

Jon

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Hi, Jon -
The "lower third" sounds odd, but may be a burned out filament (not surprising, really, if it's the bulb that came with the bike). I've got the Sylvania Silverstar- pricey, but it pulls a lower wattage and lights up the road much better than the old "regular" bulbs. Check the Verses under I think Lighting/Headlights. There's some discussion in there about the comparison.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Another reccomendation for the silverstars. You'll need a H4, will set ya back around $20. I installed a silverstar on my bike and WOW what a difference.

Curtis

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, does it look like that with high beam and low beam?
Low beam lights the upper portion of the light (the reflection makes it shine downward) and high beam uses the lower portion (reflects up)

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, does it look like that with high beam and low beam?
Low beam lights the upper portion of the light (the reflection makes it shine downward) and high beam uses the lower portion (reflects up)
Tim that may be the answer. It seems like other bikes light up the whole lens, I guess ours just doesn't.

Probably go get the H4 anyway, bulb could be factory??

Thanks,

Jon

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Get the PIAA ultrawhite plus H4 bulb, it will run about double the normal bulb, but also give you double the light (at the same wattage draw). I loved mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts