Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've a 2003 Vulcan 750 that has been sitting for many years. I've put about 300 miles in it so far and I think I've got it running good. Time to work on my headlight issue. Not sure if this it normal lights or not. When the bike is running the headlamp indicator does not light up. When I turn on the high beens the headlamp indicator lights up along with the high been indicator.

The other issue is it gets dimmer when I turn on the highbeems.

https://youtu.be/sqd0VaLIKgg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Most likely, the high beam of the bulb is burned out, that's why the white headlight warning light is lit when you hit high beam, then the Reserve Lighting Unit switches back to low beam.

And your idle maybe a touch low, depending how warm the engine was in the video. Think the spec is 1100 +-50, so 1050-1150.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely, the high beam of the bulb is burned out, that's why the white headlight warning light is lit when you hit high beam, then the Reserve Lighting Unit switches back to low beam.

And your idle maybe a touch low, depending how warm the engine was in the video. Think the spec is 1100 +-50, so 1050-1150.
Thanks! After several searches on here and google I saw what the white headlamp indicator was for. I'll get a new bulb tomorrow.

It was cold when I started it. So that could be why the idle was low. I'll check it tomorrow to make sure. Still working out all the kinks. It's a 2003 with only 3000 miles. Been sitting for too many years before I bought.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I feel silly for even creating this post, but at the time I didn't know what the white headlamp indicator was for. Now I do. The high been headlight was bad. Replaced with new bulb and it works perfect.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Well I feel silly for even creating this post, but at the time I didn't know what the white headlamp indicator was for. Now I do. The high been headlight was bad. Replaced with new bulb and it works perfect.
No biggie, always best to ask if in doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts