Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I suddenly have this issue with my headlight. I was driving home and it just went out. It would go in and and during the ride but mostly off. It seems like if I fire the bike up, it will be on, once I turn the bike off but keep the keys in the light turns off (it used to stay on if keys stayed in.)

I took the light bucket off and made sure connections were secure but I don't know where to start. New bulb? See if I'm not getting enough juice to power it? The bike fires up without issue. Switching to brights / regular has no affect on if it works or not. While it's working, both regular and brights work fine. Once it goes out, neither work.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Look into the headlight relay bypass.blue wire bypass, its a sticky in the electrical section

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
All good advice.

Also .. The spade connector where the blue headlight wire goes into the JB can loosen up. Loose spade was killing my fan.

If you determine the headlight relay in the JB isn't working, after doing the blue wire bypass for the headlight, look into The Two Wire Mod to head off other JB problems.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Did the bypass and it's since been working flawlessly!
Thanks for posting back with your results. It's super helpful to hear what did the trick!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts