Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to take the headlight housing and headlight off because one of the mounting nuts was loose. I had to rotate the housing about 30 degrees to get it to come free. The mounting bolts are now tight but I have been trying for a hour to get the housing back on. It looks like the right angle metal plate on the housing captures a plastic piece above the headlight. I cannot get the metal housing to go in so it is flush with the headlight bucket. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rubber hammer?

See if you made the mounting bolt too tight and "unrounded" the bucket by loosening the bolts some.

It should just clip at the top and go together .... You don't have a wire caught or something?
Thanks KM I'll try loosening the bolts. I made sure the wires were not in the way. Back out to the garage.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks KM I'll try loosening the bolts. I made sure the wires were not in the way. Back out to the garage.
Nope, did not work. I have to try later. One of the cables on my automatic garage door just broke. Have to fix that first, don't want my bike to get wet.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the top goes in first..... once the top is flush with the bucket then push the bottom in.
The top will go in first ok with the housing rotated about 20 degrees. When I rotate it to line up the mounting screws it comes back out and will not fit flush. The rubber hammer is next LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,833 Posts
The top will go in first ok with the housing rotated about 20 degrees. When I rotate it to line up the mounting screws it comes back out and will not fit flush. The rubber hammer is next LOL
Photo?

Perhaps the headlight turned in the bezel somehow?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Photo?

Perhaps the headlight turned in the bezel somehow?
Headlight is now on. My bezel has a right angle tab welded to it near the top. It faces up. Inside the bucket is a molded in wedge near the top,about 1:00 position. The idea is to start the tab to the left of the wedge, then rotate the bezel right so the tab rides up and over the molded wedge. This holds the bezel tight to the bucket on the top. I had to sand the wedge down some and then had to bend the metal tab towards the bucket. To remove the headlight again it takes a lot of twisting pressure to the left to get the bezel to release from the bucket. Way too much work to change a headlight.

Thanks for the suggestions

As for pictures, I'm computer illiterate. I can barely find my way around the forum LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts