Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what this wire is for. The first pic is of my headlight, the second is pic is showing this grey wire, and the third pic shows the grey wire leading up to my handle bars. Not connected to anything. Can anyone tell me what it’s for I’ve tried looking at schismatics. Can’t figure out.
The bike is an 2004 VN750

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm sure a more experienced member will chime in to answer. But my first thought is a modulator for the headlight. Keep in mind I am not yet terribly knowledgeable on bikes, and I haven't ever checked on installing a modulator.

It's hard to tell from the photos, is the other end of the wire hooked to your headlight, or something else?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure a more experienced member will chime in to answer. But my first thought is a modulator for the headlight. Keep in mind I am not yet terribly knowledgeable on bikes, and I haven't ever checked on installing a modulator.

It's hard to tell from the photos, is the other end of the wire hooked to your headlight, or something else?

It’s all hooked up to the headlight, except that wire.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
is the blue item in the 2nd pic hooked up to the headlight??

I dont remember seeing anything like that inside my headlight bucket

·
Registered
45 Posts
so it's not connected at either end?
Could have been a headlight switch or voltmeter then.
Has the blue wire mod been done?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it's not connected at either end?
Could have been a headlight switch or voltmeter then.
Has the blue wire mod been done?
So, the three wires that are on the headlight are connected to the circular blue thing, then 4 wires come out of the blue thing, one of them being the grey wire that is not connected to anything.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts