Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 vn headlight all of a sudden does not work, the headlight out light did not come on. High beam was also out. The fuse is good, and i checked for voltage at the headlight connector, 0 VDC . Working on bikes is new to me but i figure it cant be more complicated then a F-18. Is there a schematic somewhere online to look at? Or any suggestions. Thanks

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Here's the schematic from the service manual.
I'm sure someone more familiar with the circuit will chime in to help.

Good hunting ...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
look on the schematic and then try to Move the Blue wire in the 10 pin connector from pin 8 to the unused pin. now your headlight will come on when you turn on the bike, but won't shut off during cranking.,there is an internal relay in the Junction box,which is where you find the 10 pin connector plugged into the Junction box

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Also, check the voltage at the battery while the bike is running at above idle RPM's to make sure the stator and regulator are charging. When my stator grounded out my headlight would not come on.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Also, check the voltage at the battery while the bike is running at above idle RPM's to make sure the stator and regulator are charging. When my stator grounded out my headlight would not come on.
Reason being ,one leg of the three phase output of the stator is tied to the Headlight relay

It energizes the coil on the headlight relay and then a latching circuit keeps the relay closed until the keyswitch is cycled to the off position.

No stator output = no relay energized,if you have had no other electrical issues the bypassing the relay is the most likely and cheapest fix,although a check of battery voltage is always a good Idea,It can tell you a lot about your charging system's overall condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts