Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to wire a delay into the headlight to keep it off for 10-15 seconds? no major issues but i think it would leave more amps to crank the engine and start quicker (when I have to leave really quickly).

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
On my 04 the head light dosn't come on until the engine has started! Kind of thinking the front and rear running lights could or should do the same!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my 95 isn't that fancy, nice to know that it was installed later

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
it was installed in 1985 on the vn700 and every model year of the vn750 from 1986 until 2006. if your headlight comes on from the start then you have a modded Junction (fuse) Box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, it might just be stuck (fan relay was stuck off) from sitting. have to look into it. is there any way to change/repair it if it is stuck?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any wires i should look for and test? might be able to fix it if broken or un-mod the box. i also have a few unattached (accessory?) lines that always seem on, might just be where it has sat for six years.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
On the Junction Box, there is a blue wire in pin 8 and when the headlight downs work, people move it to pin 12 (the open pin). If your blue wire is already in pin 12 then the Headlight Relay has already been bypassed, double check voltage at pin 8 with key on and engine off, then again after the bike has started.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
On the Junction Box, there is a blue wire in pin 8 and when the headlight downs work, people move it to pin 12 (the open pin). If your blue wire is already in pin 12 then the Headlight Relay has already been bypassed, double check voltage at pin 8 with key on and engine off, then again after the bike has started.

i thought to do the headlight relay bypass you moved the blue wire from pin 8 in the 8 pin connector to pin 7 in the same connector. Pin 12 is on the 10 pin connector

pin 12 goes to the starter relay doesnt it?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
i drew up the colors wrong... because my wiring harness was wrong. but yes, the Blue wire is supposed to be pin 8 and the starter wire is yellow/???

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
what i was asking is if you are going to bypass the headlight relay you move the blue to 7 not to 12 right

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
On my 04 the head light dosn't come on until the engine has started! Kind of thinking the front and rear running lights could or should do the same!!
I think if you watch closely, the head light will come on after the starter has been cranked over, even if the engine has not started on the first try.
This is what my unmodified '91 model does.
I think any charge coming from the stator provides enough signal to switch the head light relay on.

Oops, just realized I resurrected an old thread.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Yes, but a good thread for the newbies.

If you try and start the bike, and it doesn't start,the headlight will come on and stay on. To get better juice for your next attempt at starting the bike simply turn the key switch off...then back on again. This turns off the headlight until you crank the starter again.

If you have problems starting the bike, that's a separate issue ... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts